Wordings for your wedding invitations are as important as what you look when first bobbing up at the ceremony. A good invitation conveys the main message while keeping clarity, attractiveness, politeness and formality.
Traditionally, wordings in invitation cads include 5 parts:
l The request to come to the wedding
l The names of the bride and groom
l The date and time
l The location
This is not always the case. In some special situations, phrasings would be a little different, such as parents’ divorce, decease, or reception location’s change.
//Well, what etiquette is to take care? Just a quick overview and learn how to avoid making fool mistakes.↓↓↓
First, make sure your wedding theme, that is, for black-tie reception, choose formal wordings.
1. If you or your finance’s parents have divorced but not remarried, then list the mother’s name first followed by the father’s name on a separate line without an “and”, and for unmarried mother, use the courtesy title “Ms.” followed by whichever last name she prefers :
Ms. Gisele West
Mr.William Edward Middleton
2. If they are remarried, add the stepmother or stepfather’s name as you wish—include the mother and stepfather’s names first, followed by the father and stepmother’s names.
3. To list a deceased parent, use the term “the late”
4. If your card is so overfilled to add all names, then just use phrase like:
Together with their families...
5. Take care to indicate when the reception and dancing places are not the same as wedding ceremony.
l An evening of celebration to follow
l Reception to follow at _____
l Dinner to follow at _____
6. Normally people tend to include rsvp cards in their kits, if not, write down the reply email or as most people do---tell them your online homepage. Such vendors like Zola (www.zola.com) and theknot (www.theknot.com) are specialized in designing your own wedding website.
7. Use upper-case letters for the proper names of days and months, but lower-case letters for numbers.
Exclude the “am.” and “p.m.”:
in the morning: all hours before 11:00 a.m.
in the afternoon: hours from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
in the evening: all hours after 5:00 p.m.
9 Phrases for formal wedding invitations
l _____ request the honor of your presence at the marriage of _____
l _____ request the pleasure of your company at the celebration of their union
l The honor of your presence is requested at the marriage of _____
l _____ invite you to celebrate the marriage of their children _____
l Together with their parents you are cordially invited to celebrate the marriage of _____
l _____ joyfully request the pleasure of your company as we exchange vows
l You are cordially invited to attend the wedding of _____
l _____ request your presence on the day of their marriage
l We invite you to share in our joy and request your presence at the wedding of _____
Well, contemporary couples prefer cozy and casual way of nuptials, which means not being lockstep in their invitation wordings.
You would not make clear who bill the wedding—just name the couple’s names without too much etiquette.
14 Phrases for informal wedding invitations
l You are invited to the wedding of _____
l You are invited to celebrate the marriage of _____
l _____ invite you to celebrate their marriage
l Together with our families we joyfully invite you to the wedding of _____
l _____ invite you to join them in the celebration of their union
l _____ invite you to share in their joy as they become husband and wife
l _____ are getting hitched
l Join us for the wedding of _____
l Kindly join us at the wedding of _____
l _____ invite you to join them as they say “I do”
l Please come help us celebrate our love
l With joyful hearts, _____ request your presence at their wedding
l We’re getting married, please join us
l _____ join together as husband and wife
It is all up to you what wordings should include, but just KEEP IN MIND to convey all critical information!
However, many religions and cultures have different etiquette and traditions.
If you need more help with your wording, contact us directly, and we would be happy to assist you in finding the perfect option.